3.6.16

Fear Not

Fear. 
anticipation of the possibility that something unpleasant will occur: }

When we found out we were pregnant with Lincoln I was over the moon excited! I couldn't wait to add another member into our family.
As it began to sink in another emotion took hold of me. FEAR.
I don't remember how it happened, but one day after the other it got worse. As most of you may know before we got pregnant with Silas we went through 2 miscarriages. I couldn't shake off the fear of losing another child.
 I had no reason to fear, but I continued to let it snow ball in my mind. It pretty much consumed my mind. The scripture "God does not give us the spirit of fear: Kept rolling through my mind. I knew in my heart that I needed to let go and give it to God, but instead I decided to hold on to that fear, and make myself miserable.
On the outside I may have looked like everything was ok but on the inside I was fighting a battle.

Well in the midst of all of this, one Sunday I was up at the front of the church praying and a friend comes over and starts praying with me. Then she stops, looks at me and say's ''I keep getting this word FEAR, I kept asking God for a different word for surely this is not what you needed to hear'' but it was exactly what I needed. At that point I broke down, I felt so overwhelmed that God would care so much for me to allow someone dear to me speak out the very thing I had been struggling with. My friend had no idea what I had been struggling with,  I knew at that point that God wanted me to give my fears to him...I knew I couldn't hold on to it any longer...I would love to say that at that moment I no longer feared losing this child,but  it took time and many prayers.
And now I have a healthy little baby boy, all those worries and fears were for nothing!

The reason I am sharing this is because I just want to encourage you, God's got your back. Whatever you may be going through he sees you and you don't have to carry your burden alone. He cares for you.
So often in life we can let things snowball in our mind and let fear and worry consume us before anything has even happened. We create scenarios in our head and let it steal our joy and drag us down. I know I do it all to often. Why waste your time and energy being fearful of something that may never happen. I have to tell myself this everyday...there is no use wasting your time and joy on it worrying will not get you anywhere!

I am so thankful I serve a God who cares. Who loves me. And know that he loves you too!


6 comments:

  1. you have no clue how much I needed to hear that today! thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Meg. You gone and made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my first time posting here :) I sure enjoyed this post and can most definitely relate! Thanks so much for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jamie!

      Delete