8.11.13

Enchilada Soup

I have been wanting to start trying new recipes for awhile now, I am one of those gals that don't try alot of new recipes, once I find a few good recipes I tend to just stick to those. But I am trying to change that! :) So this week I was determined to try something new and I am really glad I did cause this soup is probably one of my new favorites now!! 

The weather is getting chiller, today the snow is falling. So what could be better then a nice bowl of warm soup?

 
 
 Ingredients
  • 6 cups Veggie Broth
  • 1 Diced Onion
  • 3 cups Cooked Beans (I’m using pinto and black beans)
  • 1 Diced tomatoes (canned are fine)
  • 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
  • 1 diced bell peppers
  • 1 sliced jalapeno
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup corn (or 1 drained can)
  • 1 small can diced green chilis
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions
  1. Bring veggie broth to boil in a large pot.
  2. Add onions, cooked beans, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, corn and rice.
  3. Add tomato sauce and let simmer.
  4. Let this cook until onions are translucent and flavors have had a chance to meld. I like to simmer my soup for an hour or so.
  5. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
I didn't have Corn or green chilis or cumin and it still tasted amazing!!  

This recipe came from:
My Plant-Based Family
 http://myplantbasedfamily.com/tag/chicken-enchilada-soup/

2 comments:

  1. Looks SO good! I am craving it now! Writing it down, for sure. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added Hominy to this - family loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete