27.9.13

Live Today As It Was Your Last...


We were driving down the highway a while ago and saw an accident that had just happened, the following day we learned that 2 people had died in the accident it was a father and son that died, the son was only 16 years old.
 It got me thinking about how fragile life is, how in an instant everything and anything can change. One moment you could be living your life happily and then the next you or a loved one could be gone. We don't know the time or the hour the Lord will call us home, can you imagine if we all lived our lives as if we were breathing our last breath, if we knew this would be our last day. How much different you would live your life? The little things that we fuss over in life would not matter anymore. You wouldn't wait till the next day to make that one thing right with that person you love. What would be important in your life? Would it be how much money you have? What would you think of? What would matter? Your family? Your relationship with your heavenly father? Don't wait till it's to late, don't live your life as if you have all the time in the world, cause in reality we could all be gone with in a second. What do you spend your day's doing? Is it something that you will regret later?


As I write this post I am being convicted, how much time do I waste on useless things when I could be spending more time in the Word? Life is short, we may think that we have everything all planned out, but in reality we don't know what the next moment has in store for us!

After the 2 miscarriages my husband and I went through I realized even more how fragile life is. In a moment our dreams were shattered. With this pregnancy I have been considering every day with our child a huge blessing I don't know how long my time will be with this child, or my husband. I don't want to leave regretting anything.

Don't leave things till later, Later may never come.

James 4:13-15
 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.


2 comments:

  1. Such a good reminder! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete