20.2.13

Praising Through The Trials

And I'll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


As many of you know we lost our baby due to miscarriage in Sept. and now this week lost our second baby. This has not been an easy road but I know that I know that I know that God has a purpose and a plan for all of this. It is my choice to choose how I will handle these trials.

Praising HIM through the trials is not easy! That is usually the last thing that we would want to do. God has opened my eyes so much and shown me how very important this is. 

Our pastor spoke on praising in the prison a few months ago, how when Paul and Silas were in the prison they didn't just and have a pity party when they were in prison. They had every reason to be angry, but what did they chose to do? They sang praises while in prison. And Pastor Tony said something that really opened my eyes, he said "If Paul and Silas hadn't been put in prison and hadn't sung praises through it. That jailer probably would have been lost forever.
God has a plan for the trials he puts in our lives. It's out choice to decide how we take them.
Do we decide to get mad at God, Or do we choose to Praise him through it?



God has opened my eyes to so many things. He has taught me to be thankful for hard times cause they are what help us grow. This trial brought me closer to him. He has taught me to trust in him and his plan for my life. I have a new understanding of his love for us. 
He puts those trials in our life to shape us and mold us into who he want us to become, He puts them in our life to teach us and to help us grow.

God has a purpose for each trial he puts in our life, weather it is for our own spiritual growth, or for being able to relate to other people because you have been through it to, or being able to share your story and people be encouraged through it.  HE has a plan, the best plan.

Yes it hurts and it is hard but through it all I choose to praise him.





Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.  Deuteronomy 31:6

 Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 
 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.  Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. psalms 150


12 comments:

  1. I know it's hard, my Mom had three miscarriages in a row. You will see your babies in heaven!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan, for your example of praise and surrender during this very difficult time. It is a beautiful testimony to the goodness of God and His working in your life! Keep on moving forward with joy and thanksgiving, God has a plan and promises make all things beautiful in His time! I will be praying for you!

    "Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan and Henry, we may not have all the answers tha we want, but we serve a God who does. And that is why we can trust Him! You guys are being such a great example to so many people, may God comfort and bless you!!
    Love Josh and Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping y'all in my prayers. Keep trusting in the Lord. He will walk with you through this all the way.

    Many blessings to you both,
    Libby
    (Romans 8:28)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henry and Megan,

    I love you guys! I will be praying for you, and I am very proud of the way you are looking at the trial you are going through! May God bless you for your faith as He did for Abraham and Sarah!

    With Prayers,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog a while back just by browsing around, so I guess you could call me a "silent follower." But I'm a sister in the Lord, and felt like He was impressing on my heart to leave a comment!

    Both of my sisters have been married for five and six years, and they both would love to have children, but God hasn't not opened up that door for them as of yet. One of my sisters, Aimee, has had several miscarriages, too, and still remains childless in the earthly sense of the word (she has many children in heaven and spiritual "children" here on this earth). We are all praying and hoping that one day God will make them both mothers! Anyways, I know I have rambled quite a bit, and I'm just a stranger to you, but I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. May Jesus be near to your heart in this time! May He be very real to you as you follow Him through the Valley of the Shadow.

    Love in Christ,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I said a prayer for you. I can only imagine how hard it must be. But yes, we must praise Him through our trials! Thanks for the post. It is such a good reminder.
    God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you Megs.
    I know that God will use your faith to be an inspiration to many.
    Love you much,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm sorry you have to go through this! I've been through many trials in my life, but God is so good and has never failed me even when the world does.

    If you haven't, you should read this post by Kristen Morris: http://wearethefamilymorris.blogspot.com/2012/12/broken-hallelujah-post-15.html

    I'm praying for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful song; so heartfelt. I imagine that posting this blog is a part of that choosing, isn't it? I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry for your loss of your baby. May you experience God's peace in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It makes my heart sad to read this - After our daughter was born I just assumed that things were great and that having more children would not be a problem, but a miscarriage and the subsequent stillbirth of our first son showed me that I really don't have all the answers and that only His timing is perfect. It IS a hard road, but I'm so happy to see your decision to make this a part of growth in your life and not let it start a root of bitterness. When I think about how my babies are in the presence of the Lord and experiencing the most perfect love ever, I wonder how I could want it any other way - even the best life on earth (and the best parents possible) is in no way comparable to what our children are experiencing. Its a comfort for those days when the sadness threatens to overwhelm. God is still good! I am so thankful that He has seen fit to bless us with another living child - I can't believe my little boy is almost a year old now! I have thought of you several times since reading about your first loss and will continue to pray for a happy healthy baby in your arms! I know I don't know you very well, but if you ever want to chat - your mom has my # :)

    ReplyDelete